Discover more

Contact an advisor

For more info

Call us:

(+1) 973 465 4121


Flexible hours:

Mon - Fri. 8am - 10pm
Sat. 10am - 2pm

International students


COURSE ADMISSION: Courses are open to participants of 16 years of age and over. A student is officially enrolled and has his/her name placed on a class roster as soon as we receive his/her application form and payments. There are no further notifications regarding course start date, unless any changes of course schedule occur. Classes will resume as long as there are minimum of 5 paying students, conversely; the school will present options to the students to change classes with the same or approximate time and level.

Recreational Students

International Students

F-1 Student Visa

The F-1 Visa (Academic Student) allows you to enter the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program. You must be enrolled in a program or course of study that culminates in a degree, diploma, or certificate and your school must be authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students.

Student Visa Requirements

Students who request an I-20 will be required to complete an Application form and submit certain financial information. Our School Admission agents will guide you through the necessary steps to receive an I-20.

Students studying with an F-1 Student Visa are required to study in a full-time ESL program – a minimum of 18 hours per week and meet attendance requirements.

When you are accepted into our program, a completed I-20 form and a letter of acceptance will be given or sent to you. Our DSO/PDSO will assist students residing in the U.S. to apply for a change of visa status or a school transfer from another U.S. school.

Overseas students will have to go to their local U.S. Consulate or Embassy with their passport, I-20 form issued by Links Institute, and appropriate financial information to apply for an F1 (Student visa).

Once you have been accepted to study English at Links Institute, you can get detailed information on the next steps here:

All students applying for a new I-20, or a change of status, will have to pay a $200 SEVIS fee to the US government

LIST OF REQUIREMENTS (COS): EnglishEspañol – Português

Financial Requirements

You will need to provide us with the following in order for us to issue your I-20.

A copy of your recent (not more than 60 days old) bank statement, or a letter from your bank (in English) showing you have sufficient funds for the length of your study in the US.

If someone is sponsoring you, we will need their bank statement, or a letter from their bank (in English) showing they have sufficient funds for the length of your study. Your sponsor also must complete an Affidavit of Support.

Health Insurance

LINKS – English Language Institute does not offer health insurance and is not responsible for any student incurred accident, illness, or emergency medical treatment expenses.

If you do not have health insurance we strongly encourage you to get it.

Having health insurance is very important while you are in the United States. Medical care can be very expensive and the US government does not offer free medical services.

Health insurance provides important financial protection in case you have a serious accident or sickness.

People without health coverage are exposed to these costs. This can sometimes lead people without coverage into deep debt or even into bankruptcy.

Health insurance is the complete responsibility of each student.

The following websites can give you more information on health insurance:


LINKS – English Language Institute does not provide housing but the school offers a number of on-line options to assist you in your search.

You can rent a room or apartment close to the school. The following websites can help find the best option according to your budget and preference: